1. Count with Me I love this one because it ages with the child. It has different textures as well so you can feel the edges of the page when you trace a number. It's larger with thick pages which makes it super durable to tag along. There's also a matching book for letters!
2. Peek-a-Flap series This is one dirt and as you can see from the cover, it's all about tractors and moving dirt. Instant favorite! These flaps are super thick and are more like pages in themselves. The story in each is also very informative and uses great vocabulary to build knowledge!
3. Chug Chug Tractor This one is a double whammy because not only does it have dozens of cool flaps but one flap per page has a sound effect, too! It's full of animal sounds, foods, and the text is accurate and informative. Perfect for a tractor-loving kid!
4. Karen Katz books This woman is the queen of lift-the-flaps! My Aunt gave Lincoln a few of these and he's loved (and still does!) every single one. There are a bunch with animals or trucks or body parts. The language and vocabulary is super easy for children to pick up on. I love the truck one because it has sounds to go with each truck and it's really fun!
5. Dear Zoo This is my personal favorite lift the flap and my favorite book for kids ever for a while! I love the animals in it, the unique flaps, and the sound effects. Lincoln was obsessed with the snake page at one point and this book taught him to say "hisssss". And it's a happy ending with the cute puppy!
BONUS 6. Peek-A WHO? Around 12 months old, Lincoln was into this book and would make us read it daily! It's very simple, but each flap is a little surprise of who is behind it! We did lots of different inflections and making the book jump.